Sana Javeri Kadri is the founder of Diaspora Co., a direct trade spice company working towards a radically equitable, sustainable, and more delicious spice supply chain.
Born and raised in Mumbai, India amidst a big family of idealists and architects, she has over a decade of experience in every facet of the food industry and supply chain from farm worker, to line cook, to marketing consultant.
She founded Diaspora Co. in 2017 and it has quickly become a nationally acclaimed, beloved food brand that supports over 150 small Indian farmers and laborers and growing, and aims to set a new standard for what equity in food and the decolonization of our food ways can look like.
She currently lives between Mumbai, India and Oakland, California.
1. Diaspora’s essential trio - Pragati turmeric, heirloom Guntur Sannam chilli powder and Aranya peppercorn blend 2. One Stripe Chai’s vegan date chai kit
3. Sonoko Sakai epic starter pack - 5 Curry Bricks and 5 Curry powders 4. (2) jars of Fly by Jing Sichuan Chili Crisp
5. 1 bottle of Exau olive oil
6. Sana’s Experience! A digital deeply rooted guide to Mumbai OR her immigrant guide to Oakland, winner’s choice:)
7. Daphni’s and Chloe smoked chile flakes 8. $50 gift card from Bread Srsly - Gluten Free 9. Brooklyn Delhi’s Garlic Achaar
We are actively working to provide a website that is accessible to all. By increasing the accessibility and usability of our site, we aim to adhere to available standards and guidelines. In the meantime, please contact us if you have difficulty accessing the Site.
Art Direction by Scott Barry with Melina Sweet