About Claire Claire Saffitz is a freelance recipe developer, author, and video host. Previously, she was Senior Food Editor at Bon Appétit magazine, where she worked for five years in the test kitchen. She hosted the series Gourmet Makes on the Bon Appétit YouTube channel, where she used her classical pastry knowledge to reverse engineer popular snack foods and candy. Claire was born and raised in St. Louis, Missouri and now lives in New York City. Her first cookbook, Dessert Person, published by Clarkson Potter, is available now.
1. (2) Seltzers from Brooklyn Seltzer Boys
2. Loaf of sourdough bread baked by Claire with fancy butter :)
3. Bag of Farmer Ground all-purpose flour
4. Signed copy of Claire’s “Dessert Person” cookbook
5. Areaware little puzzle thing - Cherry Pie
6. Grady’s Cold Brew Kit
7. JB Prince pastry essentials set: small offset spatula, pastry brush, kitchen scale, spatula, bowl scraper
8. Herriot Grace rolling pin
9. Upstate hand-dyed pillowcase
10. Gift Card to Burrow NY Bakeshop
We are actively working to provide a website that is accessible to all. By increasing the accessibility and usability of our site, we aim to adhere to available standards and guidelines. In the meantime, please contact us if you have difficulty accessing the Site.
Art Direction by Scott Barry with Melina Sweet