IN GOOD TASTE GIVEAWAY
ROUND TWO - NOVEMBER 23 - DECEMBER 5
IN GOOD TASTE GIVEAWAY
NO PURCHASE, PAYMENT, OR DONATION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE PAYMENT, OR DONATION OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING A PRIZE. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
The In Good Taste Giveaway (the “Giveaway”) is open only to legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Oregon) who, at the time of entry, are 18 of age and the age of majority in their local jurisdiction, Void where prohibited by law. Employees of Sponsors, Administrator or any of its or their respective parent(s), subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising agencies, suppliers, distributors, retailers or any other company or individual involved with the design, production, execution or distribution of the Giveaway, and their immediate family (spouse, parents and stepparents, siblings and stepsiblings, and children and stepchildren) and household members (people who share the same residence at least three (3) months out of the year) of each such employee are not eligible. The Giveaway is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s (“Entrant”) full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Giveaway. Winning a prize is contingent upon selected Entrant fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
Sponsor: Good Call 7 Marcus Garvey Blvd, Brooklyn, NY, 11206
Good Call is a not-for-profit, 501(c)(3) and all cash or in-kind donations are tax deductible (EIN: 82-1011857).
Administrator: In Good Taste 25 E Broadway, 4th Floor, NY, NY 10002
- Giveaway Entry Period.
The Giveaway entry period starts on November 23, 2020 at 09:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends December 5, 2020 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET (the “Giveaway Entry Period”). Entries received outside the Giveaway Entry Period will be void. Administrator is the official timekeeper for this Giveaway. The Giveaway is divided into 12 separate drawings (each a
“Drawing”). Each Drawing has its own entries and Prize.
- How to Enter the Giveaway.
There are two (2) ways to enter the Giveaway.
- Make a Donation Through the In Good Taste Website: During the Giveaway Entry Period, to receive multiple entries in the Giveaway: (a) go to In Good Taste’s website at www.ingoodtaste.nyc (the “Site”); (b) once you land on the Site, select your chosen Drawing; (c) click on the link provided, select number of Entries and make a monetary donation; (d) complete the registration information requested, including your name, age, valid email address and address; and (e) submit such information. Your donation will not increase your chances of winning but will help the charitable work of Good Call. The number of entries received for specified donation amounts are outlined in the chart below:
|Donation Amount||Number of Entries|
Alternate Method of Entry: To obtain one (1) entry in the Giveaway without making a purchase, hand print on a 3” x 5” piece of paper the name of your chosen Drawing, your name, address, phone number, email address, and age, and mail it postage prepaid to: Susan Alexandra Studio, ℅ IN GOOD TASTE, 25 E Broadway Street, 4th Floor, NY, NY 10002 Limit one (1) entry request for one (1) entry per separately mailed outer envelope. To be eligible for the applicable Drawing, envelopes must be postmarked during the Giveaway Entry Period, and must be received by Administrator within five (5) business days thereafter. Mail-in entry card and envelopes must be hand printed by the Entrant only and each request must be mailed individually. Any bulk shipments of entries will not be processed or acknowledged. A mail-in option has been selected in support of the USPS.
When entering the Giveaway, you agree to receive promotional email communications from Administrator and charity Good Call 501(c)(3) unless you opt-out at any time. All entries become the sole and exclusive property of Administrator and will not be acknowledged or returned.
- Maximum Number of Giveaway Entries.
Limit of 500 entries per person per Drawing regardless of entry method. Entries beyond the permitted number are void.
- Giveaway Winner Selection.
On or about December 9th, 2020 (the “Drawing Date”), Administrator will select one (1) entry in each of the 12 separate random Drawings among all valid entries received during the Giveaway Entry Period for the applicable Drawing. Administrator will contact the potential Prize winners using the email address the potential Prize winners used to enter the Giveaway. Failure by potential Prize winner to respond to the initial verification within 48 hours of notification may result in disqualification, and Administrator may, at its discretion, select an alternate potential Prize winner from all remaining valid entries. Odds of winning a Prize depends on the number of eligible entries received during the Giveaway Entry Period for the applicable Drawing.
There is one (1) Prize available in each of the 12 Drawings in the Giveaway (each a “Prize”).
- Claire Saffitz: The verified Claire Saffitz Drawing Prize Winner will receive one (1) Claire Saffitz Starter Pack consisting of
- Upstate - one silk tye dye pillowcase
- Areaware Pie Puzzle
- JB Prince pastry essentials: small offset spatula, pastry brush, kitchen scale, spatula, bowl scraper
- Grady’s Cold brew kit
- $40 Gift card from Burrow
- Bag of Farmer Ground all-purpose flour
- Brooklyn Seltzer Boys (2) specialty seltzers delivered to your door
- Herriott Grace rolling pin
- Signed copy of Claire’s “Dessert Person” cookbook $35
- Loaf of sourdough bread baked by Claire and fancy butter :) (“Claire Saffitz Prize”). Approximate retail value of the Claire Saffitz Prize is $433.
- Emily Schildt: The verified Emily Schildt Drawing Prize Winner will receive one (1) Emily Schildt Starter Pack consisting of:
- Curated box of PopUp Grocer goodies selected by Emily
- My little black book of solo date faves in NYC
- The essential pan from Equal Parts
- A 1 hr consultation from Emily/Sourdough on marketing strategy for the winner's budding brand
- A microcurrent facial by Amity Murray, NYC
- $50 gift card to Fox Fodder Farm for a special bouquet
- A delivery of bread to you and a friend from Knead Love Bakery
- Vol 4 and Vol 5 of Gossamer Magazine
- (“Emily Schildt Prize”). Approximate retail value of the Emily Schildt Prize is $520.
- Moonlynn Tsai Drawi
ng: The verified Moonlynn Tsai Drawing Prize Winner will receive one (1) Moonlynn Tsai Starter Pack consisting of:
Té Company Formosa Tea Set
Light + Ladder Hi-Ball Porcelain Vessel
Material Kitchen’s shears
Coffee Project NY - 8 oz coffee from woman producers in Mexico
Fly By Jing - Erjingtiao Chilies
Stick With Me Sweets - 10 mixed caramels
Conscious Cooking x NKP Create Avocado Tea Towel @conciouscooking
2x hand-drawn moleskin gridded notebooks by me
20 min afternoon tea or coffee chat
(“Moonlynn Tsai Prize”). Approximate retail value of the Moonlynn Tsai Prize is $334.
Judy Kim: The verified Judy Kim Drawing Prize Winner will receive one (1) Judy Kim Starter Pack consisting of
(2) Jono Pandolfi pasta bowls
Two night stay at The Woodhouse Lodge
Material Kitchen Chef Knife & ReBoard (full size)
Rebekah Peppler's APERITIF BOOK + coupe glass from Judy’s collection
Jin Soon red nailpolish “Ardor”
Le Labo Basil/Sea Buckthorn Soap
Roman and Williams Guild Daiki Takashima Large Black Oval Plate
Cho Mama Kitchen gift card for their cabbage kimchi
Mindy Cardozo x Judy Kim collab wreath arrangement
Wu’s Wonton King sketch by Kaper Sketches
Intimate cake decorating class with Judy for you and 2 of your friends
(“Judy Kim Prize”). Approximate retail value of the Judy Kim Prize is $1,650.
Mari Andrew: The verified Mari Andrew Drawing Prize Winner will receive one (1) Mari Andrew Starter Pack consisting of:
Custom painting of you at a NYC restaurant by Mari
3 month Keap candle in Wood Cabin subscription
La Sirena’s Otomi hand-embroidered panel 13’’x17’’
(2) Il Buco Vita espresso cups
Jiva Apoha body oil
Candy Stripe journal from East Village postal
Boxed St. Agrestis Negroni - 20 negroni’s worth
Haptic Lab’s Central Park Quilt
(“Mari Andrew”). Approximate retail value of the Mari Andrew Prize is $688.
- Trinity Mouzon Wofford: The verified Trinity Mouzon Wofford Drawing Prize Winner will receive one (1) Trinity Mouzon Wofford Starter Pack consisting of
- Golde superfood bundle (clean greens face mask, pure matcha, superfood latte sampler)
- Peet Rivko gentle cleanser
- Supernal Cosmic Glow face oil
- Dimes Emotional Eating cookbook
- Dimes dates...literally the best dates I have found in NY
- Saraghina bakery granola
- Sounds tea bundle
- Dripkit Coffee signature drip and sip
- $150 Fleurotica gift card (delivery ONLY in NYC) (Trinity Mouzon Wofford Prize). Approximate retail value of the Trinity Mouzon Wofford Prize is $527.
- Deb Perelman: The verified Deb Perelman Drawing Prize Winner will receive one (1) Deb Perelman Starter Pack consisting of
- Sprinkles from NY Cake and Baking
- Spices from Kalustyan’s
- Babka from Breads
- Recipe from Meme’s diner
- A watercolor recipe, by Deb Perelman
(“Deb Perelman Prize”). Approximate retail value of the Deb Perelman Prize is $145
- DeVonn Francis: The verified DeVonn Francis Drawing Prize Winner will receive one DeVonn Francis Starter Pack consisting of:
- “No-need-for-a-special-occasion-statement cake” by Yardy
- Playlist based on your natal chart crafted by DeVonn
- (2) bottles of Shaquanda’s hot sauce
- Black Futures by Kimberly Drew & Jenna Wortham
- Xula’s uff! Touch and Soothe salve(“DeVonn Francis Prize”). Approximate retail value of the DeVonn Francis Prize is $200.
- Vallery Lomas Drawing: The verified Vallery Lomas Drawing Prize Winner will receive one (1) Vallery Lomas Starter Pack consisting of:
- Black Girl Magic sparkling wine from McBride Sisters Collection
- Burlap and Barrell's Fundamentals Spice Collection
- (2) Shaquanda's Hot Pepper sauce
- DONA Chai brew kit
- Kin Euphorics non-alcoholic spirit collection: High Rhode, Dream Light, 20pk of Kin Spritz
- A virtual conversation with Vallery for the winner or a friend in their life looking to follow their heart and make a career change (“Vallery Lomas Prize”). Approximate retail value of the Vallery Lomas Prize is $350.
- Cheryl Day Drawing: The verified Cheryl Day Drawing Prize Winner will receive one (1) Cheryl Day Starter Pack consisting of:
- Yowie Serendipity Candle
- Cleo Wade’s “Where to Begin”
- Poppy and Someday Anti Viral Tincture
- Coco Bake House - 4 boxes of shortbread cookies, lemon and vanilla bean
- Petal face mist from Aba Love Apothecary
- Cheryl’s 3 pack of cookbooks: Baking for Breakfast, Party Cakes, Sweets & Treats
- Hand-painted notecards by Emily Isabella
(“Cheryl Day Prize”). Approximate retail value of the Cheryl Day Prize is $240
- Emily Eisen Drawing: The verified Emily Eisen Drawing Prize Winner will receive one (1) Emily Eisen Starter Pack consisting of:
- (2) RAS x In Good Taste one of a kind mixtapes
- A case of natty wine selected by Zev Rovine
- (2) Canyon Coffee’s beachwood beans
- Bodha incense, in Ground + holder
- Plant Paper eco toilet paper subscription
- Everybody World gift card for Everyworld shorts
- Brother Vellies “Something Nice” subscription
- Customized desserts by Natasha Pickowicz based on the winner’s preferences and favorites
- Anna Fusco print - the one that's in Leo!
- Everyday Oil
(“Emily Eisen Prize”). Approximate retail value of the Emily Eisen Prize is $895.
- Camille Becerra: The verified Camille Becerra Drawing Prize Winner will receive one (1) Sana Kadri Starter Pack consisting of
- One bottle of Ghia tonic
- Beau Rush ceramic mug
- Natoora x Camille - a box of Camille’s favorites delivered to your door
- Scarr’s Pizza freshly milled flour
- Jus Jus bottle
- Lo-Fi Aperitif Trio of Amaro, gentian liqueur
- Public Records work shirt
- Smallhold Grow kit
- Huertas x Table22 12 month subscription to the "Conserva Club" with monthly deliveries of:
- 2 curated tins of seafood conserva (approx. 4oz each)
- 2 accompaniments like chips, crackers, hot sauce or pickles
- An exclusive monthly dispatch with an amazing at-home recipe from Jonah’s archive
- Oishii Omakase berry
(“Camille Becerra Prize”). Approximate retail value of the Camille Becerra Prize is $881.
THE PRIZES ARE OFFERED AND PROVIDED "AS IS" WITH NO WARRANTY OR GUARANTEE BY SPONSOR OR ADMINSTRATOR OTHER THAN WHAT IS EXPRESSLY INCLUDED WITH THE PRIZE.
All expenses and costs not expressly listed in these Official Rules are the sole responsibility of the Verified Prize Winners. Verified Prize Winners will be responsible for all other expenses relating to the receipt and use of the Prizes. Gift Cards are subject to their terms. Prizes are nontransferable and may not be substituted or redeemed for cash by Verified Prize Winners. Administrator reserves the right to substitute the Prizes, in whole or in part, for one of equal or greater value. All federal, state, and local taxes are solely the responsibility of Verified Prize Winners. Odds of winning any Prize depend on the number of valid and eligible entries received during the Giveaway Entry Period for the applicable Drawing.
- Verification of Potential Prize Winners.
POTENTIAL PRIZE WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY ADMINISTRATOR WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE GIVEAWAY. Any potential Prize winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Administrator may run a background check on any potential winner(s) and, if applicable, his/her guest(s). The potential Prize winner(s) may be required to execute and return to Administrator for its receipt within five (5) business days of notification, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release of Liability and Publicity Release (where permitted by law) (collectively, the “Affidavit”) in order to claim his/her Prize. Administrator may, but is not obligated to, exercise its rights under such Affidavit. In the event: (a) potential winner cannot be reached for whatever reason after a reasonable effort has been exerted or the potential winner notification or Affidavit is returned as undeliverable; (b) potential winner declines or cannot accept, receive or use the Prize for any reason; (c) of noncompliance with the above or within any of the aforesaid time periods; (d) potential winner is found to be ineligible to enter the Giveaway or receive the Prize; (e) potential winner cannot or does not comply with the Official Rules; or (f) potential winner fails to fulfill the Affidavit-related obligations, the potential Prize winner shall be disqualified from the Giveaway and an alternate potential Prize winner may be selected, at Administrator’s sole discretion, from among the other eligible entries received. Administrator reserves the right to modify the notification and Affidavit procedures in connection with the selection of alternate potential Prize winner, if any.
- Entry Conditions and Release.
By entering, each Entrant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Administrator and/or its designee(s) which are binding and final in all matters relating to these Giveaway; (b) release and hold harmless Sponsors, Administrator, and its/their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, the Prize suppliers and any other organizations and/or persons responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Giveaway, and all of their respective past and present officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, expenses and liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a Entrant’s entry, creation of an entry or submission of an entry, participation in the Giveaway, acceptance or use or misuse of Prize (including any travel or activity related thereto) and/or the broadcast, exploitation or use of entry; and (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to an Entrant’s participation in the Giveaway and/or Entrant’s acceptance, use or misuse of any Prize.
Except where prohibited, participation in the Giveaway constitutes each Prize Winner’s consent to Sponsors’, Administrator, and its/their agents’ use of each such winner’s name, instagram handle, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
- General Conditions.
Administrator reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Giveaway, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Administrator’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Giveaway, as determined by Administrator in its sole discretion. Administrator reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Giveaway or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Giveaway may be a violation of criminal and civil law and, should such an attempt be made, Administrator reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Administrator’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In the event that Administrator experiences a technical failure during admission of the Giveaway that causes the Giveaway to be suspended, Administrator shall select a winner(s) by random drawing from all valid entries received up to the point of the technical failure.
In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of any Entrant, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter the Giveaway will be deemed to be the Entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winner(s) of any Prize may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder to be awarded the Prize. All entry information becomes the sole and exclusive property of Administrator and will not be returned or cancelled.
- Limitations of Liability.
The Released Parties are not responsible for: (a) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Entrant, or programming associated with or used in the Giveaway; (b) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (c) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Giveaway; (d) technical or human error, which may occur in the administration of the Giveaway or the processing of entries; or (e) any injury or damage to persons or property, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Entrant’s participation in the Giveaway or receipt or use or misuse of any Prize. If for any reason an Entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, Entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Giveaway. No more than the stated number of Prizes will be awarded. If, for any reason, the Giveaway cannot be executed as planned, including, but not limited to, any governmental order, force majeure, social media mandate, printing, administrative or other error of any kind, transmission failure, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, epidemic, pandemic, or any other causes beyond the control of Administrator that corrupt or affect the security, administration, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Giveaway, or if the Giveaway is compromised or becomes technically corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise, Administrator reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or terminate the Giveaway and, if terminated before the original end date, to select the winners from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received through both entry methods combined as of the date/time of termination.
BY ENTERING THE GIVEAWAY, ENTRANT AGREES THAT, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE GIVEAWAY, OR ANY PRIZE(S) AWARDED WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY) NOT TO EXCEED THE DONATION AMOUNT OR IN THE EVENT OF A NON-DONATION ENTRANT, TEN DOLLARS ($10.00), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS’ FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; AND (2) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
EACH ENTRANT UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES THAT ALL RIGHTS UNDER SECTION 1542 OF THE CIVIL CODE OF CALIFORNIA AND ANY SIMILAR LAW OF ANY STATE OR TERRITORY OF THE UNITED STATES ARE HEREBY EXPRESSLY WAIVED BY HIM/HER AGAINST THE GIVEAWAY ENTITIES. SECTION 1542 READS AS FOLLOWS:
“CERTAIN CLAIMS NOT AFFECTED BY A GENERAL RELEASE. A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS THAT THE CREDITOR OR RELEASING PARTY DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, AND THAT IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER WOULD HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR OR RELEASING PARTY.”
Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of participating in this Giveaway, each Entrant agrees that (1) any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Giveaway, including but not limited to Prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by final and binding arbitration under the rules of JAMS and held at the JAMS regional office nearest the Entrant; (2) the Federal Arbitration Act shall govern the interpretation, enforcement and all proceedings at such arbitration; and (3) judgment upon such arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. Under no circumstances will any Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys’ fees, other than entrant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with participating in this Giveaway), and Entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. Entrants further agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Giveaway, or any Prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and Sponsors and Administrator in connection with the Giveaway, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, in the event that the preceding release is determined by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or void for any reason, Entrant agrees that, by entering the Giveaway, (i) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Giveaway, or any Prize awarded, shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Giveaway, but in no event attorney’s fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will any Entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than damages for actual out-of-pocket expenses.
- Entrant’s Personal Information.